Maybe There's A Loving God

Friday, October 17, 2008

Walk Me to The Moon
The last couple of evenings going to the Chapel, the moon has been so beautiful. I have to cross over a large body of water to get to the Chapel. There, the moon is reflected off the water. The moon was so pretty just shining off the water, so much so that I pulled the car over just to look, and I said out loud, "How stunning a sight!" With this comment, Jesus "spoke" the following to me... "One day I will walk you to the moon."
I thought that such a beautiful thing to say that I shared it with a friend who knows about my "encounters with Jesus." Upon hearing this, my friend said, "Are you sure you heard that right?...maybe Jesus was trying to imitate Ralph Kramden of the old TV show The Honeymooners. What he would say to Alice...maybe Jesus really said...'One day pow, zoom, right to the Moon'." So I assured my friend that Jesus would not have said that to me, but he knew you would and that is why he sent you into my life. Our friends are really and truly gifts from God to show his humor and love for us.
But it did make me think just what was Jesus saying here? Is he going to walk me to the far side of the moon for all the times I annoyed him in this life?... I really need to pay attention when we are on that walk in case I have to find my way back...but then I think again, Jesus is really good at finding lost sheep, even if their sin has placed them on the far side of the Moon....

No comments: