Maybe There's A Loving God

Monday, October 27, 2008

Compatibility
I think Jesus, without a doubt I think Jesus... on one of my "thinking" of him... I think compatibility. All relationships that I know of or have experienced here on earth, there has been something within them that on some level registered compatibility with me. Be it a friend who I have some type of common ground with or share a like or dislike with. A relative that I share a blood line with. Every single relationship even if just for the moment there was "compatibility" there. Even paying a parking ticket, the clerk at the municipality is compatible to me paying the ticket, every thing on some level has common ground that is compatible, even the bad, it teaches me lessons compatible to growth.
So I think, Jesus and me... okay what is compatible there... nothing!.... He is the Creator... me the creature... he the grace...me the sin...he is the light...me the darkness...he the all knowing...me the clueless...he the calm... me the storm...he the power and the glory... me the weak and despicable... It can go on and on and it did on this day in my mind.
I searched and searched where is the common ground? Where is the compatibility? Then thinking this can never work! Never be a long term thing, we have nothing in common! I actually started to panic to some degree, thinking oh no a relationship cannot work, longtime work if there is nothing to hang your hat on, no common ground!!
Then I "heard"... "we have desire for each other, deep desire that consumes us both"...
With those words, I thought, yes I do have deep desire that every other relationship in my life takes second to this desire and I am indeed consumed with this desire to know Jesus.
I add to this by saying, God has deep desire for all of you as well, he longs for you to come to him and whether you believe it now or not, you are compatible to your God. The reason being that he chose to create you, he chose to save you, and he chooses to love you...

No comments: