Maybe There's A Loving God

Monday, November 3, 2008

Woodstock
I do have the strangest thoughts enter my mind at times..while in the Chapel one morning thoughts of Woodstock entered into my mind... 1970 I think it was.. the great love in..free love... make love, not war.
So my thoughts are on Woodstock and free love,then I think of Jesus he gives us "free love", not the kind thought of when one thinks of Woodstock, but the kind of the heart, not the body..real love, not lust. Yet Jesus has passion for us he is totality in love with us all. Jesus had a "love in" as well not like Woodstock though,his was in Calvary, at that moment he made love to the world.... for the entire world to see. Some are shy about showing affection, not so with Jesus he always shows affection never more so then on that dark day called Good Friday... There on the Cross hung a man, a God/ man,yet when I look upon a crucifix I only see the heart, not the flesh of a man. Maybe that is what real love is, real passion for someone, not to see the flesh but the heart.
The theme at Woodstock was make love not war. That was the theme at Calvary as well with a twist. Back then they were speaking about the Vietnam War, on Calvary the war that is spoken about was the war man declared upon God ,(sin). I remember the Vietnam War. I remember seeing coffins come back to the States. These coffins and graves shouted all is lost, not so with the grave of the heart that hung upon the Cross, no his grave meant all is recovered, restored made new. In Vietnam there was no victory only death, on Calvary there is victory through death. Through the heart that hung on the Cross-at his "love in", for the world. His message was and is stop the war against God (sin), give God love instead.
I can clearly see Jesus is a love child a rebel in his own time... making love not war. Even when he had/has a right to defend himself he did/does not go to war against us, he gives us free love instead... He is the ultimate peace symbol.

No comments: