Maybe There's A Loving God

Saturday, December 27, 2008

Too many toys
On Christmas Day I visited with very young family members. One of my favorite, a 2 year old little boy. Now this little guy usually finds delight in talking with me and playing with me, and I with him... Yet on this day, Christmas, I became a non-entity to him, he preferring to play with all his new toys. Then I called two other, "favorite little children" in my life, on the telephone. They usually speak to me readily on the phone, yet on this day, they refused to speak to me preferring to play with their "new toys"... They were to "busy and to distracted" to do anything but play with toys.... Now as an adult I understood this, it was Christmas and children get distracted by their new toys... But I have to say it did hurt my heart a little, these little children are very much loved by me and I enjoy speaking with them and playing with them...
.......Which, made me think of God and all of us...
We for the most part, throughout our lives, are like these little children on Christmas Day, playing with all "our toys" and refusing to interact with those around us, especially those who love us. None more so then God, yes we are all so distracted by "toys/things" of the world, we become self absorbed, self centered creating our own little world... where everything is "Ours" and we have no need to interact. We forget that playing is much more fun when you have others to play with, toys/things are made more special when shared. And it is most fun to share with God, who gave you everything in this world, for he can show you how to use these gifts correctly. There are many among us who have genuine gifts that go unused or kept to themselves and not share. So take all those "toys/things" given to you in life and share them, and most importantly share yourself with God and others, for you are the best gift given!

No comments: