Maybe There's A Loving God

Friday, December 5, 2008

God's advisor

Yesterday while power walking, (something I try to do everyday), I thought about my prayer life. Upon thinking of this I thought for the most part I have tried to be God's advisor. With such prayers as, well God if you do this, then this will happen, and God if you only did it this way things would be better. Or my 'regular" prayer, so God if you only would do this for me, I can do this, and if you do this for so and so their life would be better.

So you see I have been God's advisor for sometime, constantly telling him, how and why he should be doing things, with myself, others and all creation.


That is until this evening I listened to a tape about the universe, the number of known galaxies, the number of stars known, etc.... they being in the billions... then I heard how fast light speed is and how far away light years are. Then I thought, in the beginning, God called light out of darkness, just by calling it... so in essence God spoke faster then"light speed"....

For upon his saying "light" all was lit so there was no travel time; it just was. Then I thought of our planet, just this planet never mind all the other galaxies, etc., and we only know a limited amount of these, yet God created it all..... So I am thinking that I need to resign my position as "advisor of God", for I am not qualified to even speak in his presence never mind try to advise him on what he should be doing with my life or any others..... So they next time you think you should be giving God advice ... think of Creation and think to yourself am I qualified to advise such an awesome God ... we all need to allow God to advise us and guide us, not the other way around..


And hey, you want to talk about power walking... the ultimate power walker is Jesus, doing so on his walk to Calvary, now that was the POWER WALK of a lifetime. One that gave us all back our "life" and we are now in the "time" of "salvation" because of this God/man's "exercising" his might and power to redeem and save all of us...

No comments: